Please consider donating to keep our servers running.
Dr. Daniel Inouye MD Salt Lake City UT
Dr. Daniel Inouye MD
- Psychiatric Diseases
- Adjustment Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Major Depressive Disorder
Accepted Insurance Plans
- National (BlueCard) PPO
- HealthyBlue 2.0
- HealthyBlue Advantage
- Public Employees Health Plan
- Select Med Select Med
Education and Training
- Residency Hospital
- University of California, Los Angeles
Languages Spoken (other than english)
Reviews from the web
- Apr 10, 2020 - healthgrades
- Dr. Dan was incredibly knowledgeable about my condition. He always asked for my input and considered the situation thoughtfully. He was personally accessible and on time. I highly recommend Dr. Dan for anyone's mental health needs and have recommended him to friends and family.
- Nov 06, 2019 - healthgrades
- Dr. Dan is probably my favorite doctor I've ever had. I can tell he works hard to be accessible. I've had a great experience scheduling with him, and I was able to speak with him on the phone--versus with a receptionist or nurse--when an emergency came up. He's super knowledgeable, and he's also always been prompt and professional. He does have a no-show fee, but in my experience, that's pretty standard, and Dr. Dan was up front about it and reasonable.
- Oct 10, 2019 - healthgrades
- Dr Dan is unflinchingly in it for the money. Due to family issues I had to miss an appointment, and requested to reschedule. I was informed that I could pick one of four time spots (none of which were good for my schedule), or I could pick between paying $125 as a no show fee, or I could permanently discontinue care. Keep in mind that he bills over $300 for a 15 minute appointment.
Well I dont have the $125 no show money. I barely had the cash to cover the visits after insurance. So now I'm back at square one looking for a doctor. Guess like the money was more important than my well being. The most disappointing part was his response that the fee is needed to run the clinic. Must be hurting for patients. Thanks for nothing doc!
- Kristina Wells – Oct 03, 2019 - healthgrades
- Dr. Inouye is always professional and helpful. He is a wonderful and compassionate doctor who truly understands what his patient’s needs are. I am grateful to have met him! His recommendations have been excellent.
- Oct 01, 2019 - healthgrades
- Dr. Dan has been a literal lifesaver! He has helped me overcome some serious personal patterns of depression and frustration in my life. He was just what I needed. I could tell he really cared about me and wanted me to improve quickly unlike other doctors that just want me to go back forever so they can make more money. Dr Dan was not like that at all. He was able to diagnose my issues so quickly and focused right on the problems so I could move on! Thanks Dr. Dan
- Alexandra – Sep 16, 2019 - healthgrades
- I have been seeing Dr. Dan for almost a year now so I feel confident in writing this review. Dr. Dan has excellent listening skills, is always very empathetic & above all he always seems to genuinely care about how I am feeling. Although he is incredibly knowledgable & I whole heartedly trust him with my mental health needs he always takes my opinion into consideration before making any decisions. I have recommended him to many of my friends & would recommend him to anyone. I look forward to all of my appointments with Dr. Dan, he is a fantastic Doctor. He has helped me in so many ways & I am incredibly grateful to have found him. Everyone needs a Dr. Dan Inouye in their life.
- Adam – Sep 01, 2019 - healthgrades
- Had an impromptu visit, and he was incredibly receptive and understanding. He asked great questions that helped me see the challenges I’m facing differently, and provided weighted insight. An incredibly empathetic and kind person.
- Aug 30, 2019 - healthgrades
- I love Dr. Dan. He helped me when no one else could.
- Aug 22, 2019 - healthgrades
- Dr. Dan Inouye is probably the worst physician i have ever interacted with. He has poor communication skills which hinders developing rapport with him. When we first met Dr. Dan Inouye did not ask me how i was doing, assess my current mental status, or ask what symptoms i was experiencing. Instead, he jumped to a diagnosis. He was curt, condescending and lacked tact. While Dr. Dan Inouye may be very knowledgeable about psychopathology, he does not have the appropriate social communication and empathy skills to work effectively with individuals with a psychiatric disorder. I truly hope you are fortunate enough to never have him as a doctor
- Aug 09, 2019 - healthgrades
- I have seen quite a few therapists and psychiatrists in my day, so I think my review of Dr. Inouye is well educated. So here goes:
I just felt frustrated after my visits with him. He had a bit of a condescending atmosphere about him, as if he didn't really believe the things that I said. He got very defensive when I tried to ask him about his experience treating certain disorders. He didn't seem to genuinely care about what I thought, and when he did try to care it seemed forced. And he doesn't try to get to know you much in person because before the first appointment you have to fill out these big surveys where you give him all of your mental health history. I don't think he has the personality traits for psychiatry. Judging by the other reviews people have left him, it looks like my experience with him is not an outlier.
- Jul 19, 2019 - healthgrades
- I called and said I needed to schedule an appointment. He asked what insurance I had and I answered then he abruptly hung up on me even though I would have gladly paid out of pocket. He very clearly doesn't care at all about people, just money.
- Jun 17, 2019 - healthgrades
- DO NOT USE THIS DOCTOR. I was a new patient who had not even had a first appointment. I ended up in the hospital for 10 days for mental health reasons. Even thought the social worker called him, he still tried to run my card for a late fee. He is not patient friendly.
- May 08, 2019 - healthgrades
- Told me that I was covered by my insurance so I had two appointments with him (both of which lasted roughly 15-20 mins a session). He had no receptionist to talk to about billing or anything. One month later he used my card on file without authorization to pull a full $700 out at one time. After I called and asked him about the charge, he rudely told me he can't do anything about it because he "doesn't like handling his own money". He gave me a number to his billing department and they basically laughed me off and told me good luck because he won't take payments. He spent almost no time talking to me and diagnosed me based off of his questionnaire online that feels like a bad personality quiz that you see on Facebook. The disregard he has for patients makes me feel sorry for others that went to him for help.
- Apr 27, 2019 - healthgrades
- Dr Dan was very dismissive of my symptoms and because I was establishing care with him, my past psychiatrist couldn't help me when I developed Serotonin Syndrome after seeing Dr. Dan. Dr Dan said I was probably just anxious, but I developed severe hallucinations, my muscles were rigid, I felt like I was passing out and I was in so much pain I was on my floor crying. I would never recommend this doctor to another person or go back to him.
Find A Similar Doctor Nearby