Dr. Anika Alarakhia MD Orlando FL
Dr. Anika Alarakhia MD
- Sjögren's Syndrome
- Chronic Neck Pain
- Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Knee Disorders
Accepted Insurance Plans
- HealthKeepers Plus POS
- Blue Card PPO
- Blue Choice PPO
- Blue Care HMO
- Blue Select
- BlueDental Choice
- Choice Care PPO
- Humana PPO
- Select HMO
- Navigate HMO
- United Healthcare PPO
- Adventhealth Orlando
- Orlando Regional Medical Center
Education and Training
- Fellowship Hospital
- Oschner Clinic
- Residency Hospital
- Allegheny General Hospital
- Internship Hospital
- Allegheny General Hospital
- Medical School
- St. George's University School Of Medicine
- Undergraduate School
- University Of Miami
- Undergraduate School
- Tufts University
- Board Certified In Internal Medicine & Rheumatology
Languages Spoken (other than english)
Reviews from the web
- Dec 01, 2020 - healthgrades
- I have NEVER had the misfortune of dealing with a more unprofessional and unreliable practice in my entire life. Dr Alar and Teresa Payne APRN are extremely personable and knowledgeable. I have never felt rushed in any of our interactions, HOWEVER the office staff is truly what makes this practice absolutely abhorrent. So many missed/unreturned calls, 0% followup, so many barriers to getting prescriptions filled. I have had to pay out of pocket multiple times for my long-term prescription simply due to the staff not calling in prior authorization. The office staff is the lifeline between patient and provider and they drop the ball EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. This is the most despicable medical experience that I have ever encountered. I hope no other patients will have to endure such ineptitude.
- Ann – Nov 14, 2020 - healthgrades
- Practice moved but did not provide information to some patients either through post mail or e-mail. Both addresses are captured at your first visit and confirmed through subsequent visits. This caused patients like myself bewildered and inconvenienced when they arrive for an appointment and find the office closed with no new address notice on doors. Calls to the office are directed to voicemail 90% of the time. While front desk people are courteous, the lack of efficiency and prompt response present the practice as totally unreliable. Dr. Alar and NP are knowledgeable and great listeners. However, the lack of efficiency, accuracy and attention to details of staff leaves a question as to how reliable the whole practice is primarily when it comes to surgery and even prescribing the right medication.
- Sep 09, 2020 - healthgrades
- I can echo the truly absurd experiences of dealing with this office.The phone is rarely answered by staff..if you do get the answering machine, it is rarely responded to in any kind of timely manner. Days go by and then you try again.
Dr. Alar and Theresa Payne seem to be caring. Perhaps more staff is needed to deal with phone calls, prior authorizations, medication problems etc. I’ve been in the waiting room when patients have come in and demanded their records..they are going elsewhere! They had to go in person for help with transfer of records! This behavior by the office makes me angry. I do not think anyone cares!
- Aug 20, 2020 - healthgrades
- Dr Alar needs to get her office under control...her staff as well as her phone equipment...I received a bill for a “No Show” visit which was to be virtual because of the COVID-19 pandemic...I contacted the office to see about how to do the visit and was told the visit wasn’t going to take place because the doctors phone line wasn’t working properly and by the way she no longer takes your insurance so you’ll have to pay out of pocket for visits....Well several months later I get a “No Show” bill for a virtual visit the doctor couldn’t make...Very bad bedside manor Dr Alar...shame on you, I think you should read your reviews and work on fixing your office, I know you told me you can’t find any good help, but plenty of other doctors manage...try harder...and I owe you nothing for YOU missing an appointment and Not Contacting me as I requested ...actually I should be billing your office for all the time spent trying to contact you for medical instructions after medication changes.....
- Jul 24, 2020 - healthgrades
- Dr. Alar is wonderful in person and seems to care but trying to get through to her office, trying to get prescriptions filled, and trying to get a response back is the most frustrating experience and nearly impossible. When I finally got hold of someone I refused to hang up until I knew for sure my prescription was going to be sent in (this was the third request AND the pharmacy had faxed in a request). No apologies given. Still not sure if this has actually happened as I do not have my prescription in hand. Will be looking for a new rheumatologist. Too bad because she is really a very nice doctor and spends time explaining and talking to you which is the only reason my rating is not a zero.
- May 01, 2020 - healthgrades
- I have been waiting for a return phone call for over three weeks. Left message and emails still no answer. I needed results / medication from blood test which i am in severe pain.
I am not sure what the problem is but I never was treated this way from any Dr offices. Wish Dr Alar would read her reviews. I thought this office was professional. Zero star
- Robert – Mar 27, 2020 - healthgrades
- My wife and I have been a patient of Dr. Alarakkia's for a couple of years. She no doubt saved my wife's life! Rather than rush her out the door to see another patient, she took the time to listen and then to follow up with recommended testing. None of her prior doctor's ever had done that! Now, more than two and a half years later, my wife is doing much better and her condition has stabilized.
She did the same thing with me too when I came into see her about my medical condition. She took the time to order the necessary tests and make the right recommendations and referrals that were needed for me too.
If you want a Rheumatologist that will take the time to listen to you and give her best, Dr. Alarakkia is the one!!!!!
- RP – Jan 22, 2020 - healthgrades
- If I could give zero stars I would. This has been the most frustrating experience with the most incompetent medical staff that I have ever experienced. Dr. Alar has been kind when I am in the office, *HOWEVER* it took TWENTY-FIVE days to get a response when I called and asked for a prescription to be called into my pharmacy. This has been an ongoing problem every time I need a refill. No one EVER answers the phone and voicemails are not listened to until at least 3 days later. When I complained about the astronomical expense of one medication, I was told to lie about my household income so I could qualify for free medication. Dr. Alar and her staff lack integrity, competency and concern for their patients. Awful, awful experience.
- Dec 06, 2019 - healthgrades
- Initially I was satisfied with the doctor. Had no problems until last month. Her office called me and rescheduled my appointment. Said the doctor was not going to be in the office on the day of my appointment. My appointment was rescheduled. the day before my appointment I called to reschedule because I was not going to be able to make the appointment and I would call and reschedule my appointment at a later date. when I called to reschedule my appointment, I was told that before I could schedule the appointment there would be a $75 charge and was told I had signed some paper the day I first came into the office. I was not told what they were referring too. It is okay for you to call and reschedule my appointment to make your needs. I will not be going back there. I asked to get a copy of my medical records and was told I could only get a summary because my visits had not been transcribed yet. Florida statutes says I cannot be denied copies of my medical records.
- Carolyn Upson – Oct 29, 2019 - healthgrades
- Amazing! Love her positive attitude. My first review was recorded inaccurately Not sure what happened. I rated
Dr. Alar with 5 stars. She deserves 10 stars in my opinion.
- Oct 24, 2019 - healthgrades
- Terrible experience, my appointment lasted about 3 hours. I was seen by the PA who was pleasant , then had to wait for the doctor who wasn’t helpful at all. She recommended MRI and XRays , have been calling the office daily to get my X-ray results, 90 % of the time there is no answer and when they do pick up they say doctor didn’t look at my results yet. Had to reschedule my MRI 4 times over 6 weeks because they refuse to send over my medical records so my insurance could authorize the imaging . Called them for weeks, went in in person to hand in the paperwork and Cynthia gave the worst attitude and said they don’t do this. Well Dr.Alar wanted me to get an MRI why is it so hard to send over my medical records. I have an appointment for next week I will be canceling and going to find a professional who cares about their patient , I couldn’t get my test done due to their lack of care and professionalism, terrible staff they don’t care about patients well being .
- Oct 04, 2019 - healthgrades
- Dr Alar is great. Listens and takes her time.
- Oct 04, 2019 - healthgrades
- Dr Alar is great. She is very thorough and takes the time to answer any questions you may have. I agree with the other reviews about the office staff but it has definitely improved in regards to call response. I have been a patient there for over 3 years.
- Sep 11, 2019 - healthgrades
- My first visit was more in-depth and was with Teresa, the nurse practitioner. She is terrific and a great asset.
I didn’t have any problems with the staff and my prescription was paper so had no issues there.
I met Dr. Alar on my second visit and she spent about 10 minutes with me and gave me a generic diagnosis of Fibromyalgia after my blood tests came back normal. I’m not sure if it’s an accurate diagnosis or a “I don’t know what’s wrong with you so let’s say Fibromyalgia” diagnosis but I’m trying Lyrica now to see if that helps.
Overall she seems nice enough. We’ll see how things go moving forward.
- Margaret Elghannam – Aug 27, 2019 - healthgrades
- Dr. Anika is a great doctor. She spends a lot of time with her patients. She is very knowledgeable and goes the extra step to help her patients. Her staff is also very helpful. I would highly recommend Dr Anika
- Aug 21, 2019 - healthgrades
- Dr Alar is very kind and friendly. She takes time to listen to your problem and is very knowledgeable in treating the condition. She is one of the best Dr’s I have ever been to. There are office issues for sure, but she is working on new staff and I can already see an improvement. I would never go to another Dr for my Rheumatology issues despite the office staff problems. She is worth it!
- Mar 29, 2019 - healthgrades
- Sad..mistakes on my date of birth led to delays getting meds at pharmacy. Had a reaction to a prescribed medicine ..left messages every day for seven days. The office responded two weeks later. I could have been dead had I not been an RN and gone to my regular Dr. for help. Not sure why they are too busy to run calls in a timely manner. I think Dr.Alar is highly intelligent but has to learn about running an office with customer service at the forefront.
- Mar 25, 2019 - healthgrades
- I chose Dr. Anika Alar on the recommendation of my doctor. She is a good doctor, but the problems that we have to consult with her do not compensate. From the first appointment, my experience with the front desk was simply terrible - starting by recording my name wrong in my medical record, which made me have to drive for two hours to fix one of their mistake as all the prescriptions and requests from the labs were wrong. The service is awful. They are slow for everything. You will need extra ti
- Mar 13, 2019 - healthgrades
- I have been with Dr. Alarakhia for about 6 months. Truth be told, I randomly picked her as a specialist because she was a doctor in my network. However, my experience with her is that she is not an attentive doctor who cares. She does the basic to to get your copay and than she is out. Most of my visits are spent talking with the nurse who spends more time with you than Dr. Alar. Lastly, when she explains things she goes through it quickly. Not the best experience
- orlando, FL – Jan 08, 2019 - healthgrades
- doc made another mistake in my prescription--- so again I am without pain meds for several days
office staff doesn't seem to care when and if they answer the phone or messages, then the receptionist just robotically repeats their policy --wow no health "care" here! cannot ever get thru to doctor on the phone or have her call me back time to change doctors! stay away from this one!!
Find A Similar Doctor Nearby