Please consider donating to keep our servers running.
Dr. Amit Desai MD Orlando FL
Dr. Amit Desai MD
- Strep Throat
- All Headaches (incl. Migraine)
- Itchy Skin
- Swine Flu
- Asymptomatic Post-Menopausal Status
- Osteoarthritis of Shoulder
- Chronic Sinusitis
- Congestive Heart Failure
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna HMO
- Choice Plus POS II
- Superior Health Plan
- National (BlueCard) PPO
- Blue Card PPO
- Blue Care HMO
- BlueDental Choice
- HealthyBlue 2.0
- HealthyBlue Advantage
- Cigna HMO
- Cigna PPO
- Great West Healthcare-Cigna PPO
- Open Access Plus
- First Health (Coventry Health Care) PPO
- Select HMO
- Navigate POS
- Options PPO
- Family Medicine
- Adventhealth Orlando
Education and Training
- Residency Hospital
- University of Florida / Shands Medical Center
- Undergraduate School
- Villanova University
Languages Spoken (other than english)
Reviews from the web
- R. Ginsberg – Oct 11, 2019 - healthgrades
- As a new resident to Florida, I began the difficult task of finding a PCP. After a couple of years, 2 doctors and lots of research, I found Dr. Desai.
Since finding Dr. Desai, I haven't looked back. I was so impressed by him, that I got my husband (who tried 3 doctors) to try him, too. Since my husband tried Dr. Desai, he has been very pleased with his care.
Dr. Desai is very knowledgeable, caring and thorough. He listens to us and answers all our questions in a way we understand. In addition, whenever we contact him via the portal, we always have an answer by the end of the day.( Usually, we have an answer within an hour or so.)
The staff at the office is very nice and very helpful! We have not had any issues with getting an appointment or being taken on time. Waiting hasn't been a problem.
We were concerned about getting involved with Dr. Desai because we live a distant away. It takes a minimum of 1 hour to get there. We both feel Dr. Desai is worth the trip!
- Oct 02, 2019 - healthgrades
- Dr. Desai has a very calm reassuring way. He listens and patiently answered questions in a manner easy to understand. I would definitely recommend him.
- Nonatall in Orlando, FL – Jun 25, 2019 - healthgrades
- The office is wonderful, the staff is wonderful, the building is wonderful. For routine simple things like a cold or pulled back muscle Dr. Desai is wonderful.
If it is complicated, Dr. Desai does not listen, after 5 years of experience he is all knowing to the extent he wants all people in the numbers, to quote him. He must have forgotten the bell shaped curve. Perhaps in another 15 to 20 years he will be good when his experience comes from people and not books.
- May 15, 2019 - healthgrades
- Dr. Desai is very repetitive on his statements, doesn't listen to patients, and is arrogant with his know it all attitude.
- May 09, 2019 - healthgrades
- Dr. Desai is one of the best primary care physician's in Lake Nona. Very attentative.
- Apr 13, 2019 - healthgrades
- Though I had a appointment with him he send me back from his office because I’m Medicare. I am Medicare but having supplement insurance also. and this is first time in my life a doctor sending back a patient without attending, unbelievable. I don’t give him even one star.
- B Nguyen in Orlando, FL – Oct 19, 2018 - healthgrades
- Dr Desai is very personable and listens attentively to his patient's concerns. I am very glad that we made the switch to Dr Desai as our primary care provider.
- Matt in Orlando, FL – Dec 23, 2017 - healthgrades
- An exceptional doctor. I relocated from NJ recently and was in need of a primary care doctor. Being a Registered Nurse I do my homework and find the most capable of doctors. Dr Desai and in fact the entire practice is exceptional. I can’t recommend them any higher. If you are anywhere near Lake Nona, this is your guy.
- Jun 13, 2017 - healthgrades
- Being new to Florida, I can finally say I feel confident that I have a doctor who takes my concerns seriously and offers me the best medical advice. I will be recommending him to everyone I know!
- Jim Krause Krause in Saint cloud, FL – Dec 15, 2016 - healthgrades
- This is a man who truly cares about your health and well-being. Too many doctors today I'm more interested in moving patients in and out of their offices.
It's so nice to have found a doctor who not only listens but is available when you need him. Great office staff. Everyone is very pleasant and mood is very "Zen-like."
- Orlando, FL – Sep 30, 2016 - healthgrades
- I had an issue so felt it would be a good initial visit. Entering the exam room he commented on changing my medication for an existing condition before any discussion with me (considering this was not the reason I made the app't). After explaining why I was there, a few tests were performed, a diagnosis made without followup actions.
Subsequently I checked the codes assigned to my visit and found a contradiction to my explanation of the issue. Needs to listen to patient.
- Orlando, FL – Aug 25, 2016 - healthgrades
- We have seen Dr. Desai on several occasions and he has been consistently thorough with his examination each time. He interacts with his patients well. He listens to what our health issues are and addresses each concern before we leave the appointment. He is intelligent and caring and we fully trust his recommendations for managing our health. He is a WONDERFUL physician and his staff is so helpful and professional.
- Monty in Kissimmee, FL – Jun 13, 2016 - healthgrades
- Doctor Desai is a very experienced doctor he answered all my questions provided me with options has been very supportive! Since he specialized in pediatrician he also cares for my 3 children which two are special needs his knowledge patience kindness made my children feel very comfortable easy for them to trust him. His nurse Chrsitine is wonderful!!! Staff are all very professional provide excellent service! I definitely recommend Doctor Desai/staff!!!!!
- DH in Orlando, FL – Apr 09, 2016 - healthgrades
- Dr. Desai spends quality time and answers your questions to the best of his ability. Very patient and kind. Highly recommend.
Find A Similar Doctor Nearby