Dr. Alfredo J Fernandez MD Tampa FL
Dr. Alfredo J Fernandez MD
- Ventral Hernia
- Acute Appendicitis
- Anal Fissure
- Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD PVD)
- Abdominal Abscess
- Colorectal Cancer
- Liver Diseases and Disorders
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna HMO
- Choice Plus POS II
- Superior Health Plan
- National (BlueCard) PPO
- Blue Card PPO
- Blue Care HMO
- Blue Select
- BlueDental Choice
- HealthyBlue 2.0
- HealthyBlue Advantage
- Cigna HMO
- Cigna PPO
- Great West Healthcare-Cigna PPO
- Open Access
- Open Access Plus
- Group Plan PPO
- First Health (Coventry Health Care) PPO
- Choice Care Network PPO
- Choice Care PPO
- Choice PPO
- Commercial EPO
- Commercial POS
- Commercial PPO
- CoverageFirst and Value Plan Tampa Area Basic
- CoverageFirst and Value Plan Tampa Area CDHP
- Humana EPO
- Humana POS
- Humana PPO
- Preferred PPO
- Select HMO
- Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
- Managed Care
- Medicaid Assignment
- Medicaid HMO
- MultiPlan PPO
- PHCS Network PPO
- Choice EPO
- Choice Plus EPO
- Choice Plus PPO
- Golden Rule POS
- Golden Rule PPO
- Options EPO
- Options POS
- Optum Choice
- Select Plus EPO
- Select Plus POS
- United Healthcare EPO
- United Healthcare POS
- United Healthcare PPO
- Florida Staywell
- Medicaid HMO
- WellCare HMO
- WellCare POS
- General Surgery
- Bariatric Surgery
- Brandon Regional Hospital
- Adventhealth Carrollwood
- Tampa Community Hospital, A Campus of Memorial Hospital of Tampa
Education and Training
- Residency Hospital
- Ochsner Clinic Foundation
- Internship Hospital
- Ochsner Medical Center
- Undergraduate School
- University Of Miami
- American Society For Metabolic And Bariatric Surgery
- N I C A
- American Medical Association
- Society Of Laparoendoscopic Surgery
- Hillsborough County Medical Association
- American Society Of Abdominal Surgeons
Languages Spoken (other than english)
Reviews from the web
- Long overdue – Mar 17, 2020 - healthgrades
- This Doctor gave me bad information when I asked him what I was implanted with he would not tell me anything but not to worry it's not a bad mesh. He never told me the name of the company that produced the mesh or the brand only to find out not only is it a faulty mesh but it was replaced using the same mesh known to be faulty. There's much much more to this story but I need to calm down before I finish this review. He had ample opportunity to inform me and chose to hope my conditions would have been forgotten and it would blow over. I intend on seeing he lose his license to practice medicine. I have a list and he knew it and chose to violate my privacy and ridicule me in front of his staff. He has not heard the last of me.
- Happy patient in Tampa, FL – Mar 28, 2019 - healthgrades
- He is a fantastic physician. Very compassionate and takes his time to answer questions. I felt completely informed and satisfied before my surgery. Follow-up care was great and had no complications. Very friendly staff!
- Jake Roberts in Tampa, FL – Mar 28, 2019 - healthgrades
- Great doctor and phenomenal staff! Dr. Fernandez changed my life. I am forever thankful!
- Lisvet in Tampa, FL – Nov 18, 2018 - healthgrades
- Como cirujano y persona lo recomiendo 100% pues es muy preocupado por sus pacientes a mi ha opeeado en dos ocasiones y han sido un exito
- Cheryl in Inverness, FL – Nov 05, 2018 - healthgrades
- Love him...great doctor!!
- Lejla J in Tampa, FL – Jun 21, 2017 - healthgrades
- Dr. Fernandez is very good. His years of experience sincerely reflect in his work. Everyone in the Tampa office is super nice and responsive. I enjoyed working with the whole team. I was very comfortable with amount of information I received prior and after surgery.
Thank you Dr. Fernandez.
- Tampa, FL – Mar 20, 2017 - healthgrades
- Staff is amazing. Friendly and always smiling. If you have any questions they will answer them all and if they don't know they will find out.
Dr Fernandez is The best! Compassionate and friendly. Great bedside manner. I feel so comfortable when i am there not like some offices that make you feel awkward. Thank you!
- Liz in Land O Lakes – Feb 04, 2017 - healthgrades
- Excelent Dr. God Bless him!
- Erika Burnett in Odessa, FL – Feb 03, 2017 - healthgrades
- My father referred me to Dr. Fernandez after his surgery. And I'm so glad he did. Dr. Fernandez is by far the best doctor I have ever had. I have had chronic issues for the last 3 years and have see a LOT of doctors. None of them ever gave me as much time as he has or insight to my problems. He's incredibly knowledgeable. He's the only doctor I have ever dealt with that will actually call you back and personally answer your question.Amazing. And lastly, his staff has been wonderful to work with
- Carlos Rivera in Miami, FL – Nov 08, 2016 - healthgrades
- Dr. Fernandez is a outstanding physician, extremely knowledgeable, very understanding, and the most helpful doctor I've dealt with in my life. Dr. Fernandez is very pleasant, he is very easy to talk to and since I've began seeing him he has changed my life completely. Phenomenal person and doctor!
- Deb R in Tampa, FL – Oct 12, 2016 - healthgrades
- I love this Dr! He is one of the most kind and compassionate Doctors I have ever met. He is very thorough and never rushes through your appointment. His staff is very friendly and helpful. I've seen them go above and beyond to help patients including myself. Thank you to everyone for making this time in my life so much less stressful. I appreciate everything you have done and continue to do!
- Lakeland, FL – Sep 29, 2016 - healthgrades
- Dr. Fernández and his staff are awesome! They are helpful and very knowledgeable. If you think they will do everything for you, find an adult sitter....that is not what they are there for. Weight loss surgery is something I needed and it was the result of my actions for the past 15 years. It is not their fault and they are not an excuse for me to continue to be obese. They pushed me to get everything done while being supportive and by my side. Thank you Dr. Fernandez for being the best!
- Angie Barbara in Plant City, FL – Sep 24, 2016 - healthgrades
- Dr Fernandez is an awesome caring Dr. I have been a patient of his for about 2 years. I highly recommend if you are looking to have weight loss surgery that you choose Dr Fernandez. I am so much happier and healthier.
Just remember if this is something you really want Dr Fernandez, wife & staff will tell you and guide you with insurance requirements in order for process to go smoothly, but you must be willing to take steps and they will be there for you.
- Jane Doe in Palm Harbor, FL – Jul 07, 2016 - healthgrades
- He is a terrible person and has no compassion for the bariatric patient. He also did not care to read my medical history, having written a nasty letter to me recommending immediate psychiatric care. STEER CLEAR he is a terrible person and his staff are liars.
- Dasl8789 in Tampa, FL – Jul 01, 2016 - healthgrades
- Dr. Fernandez staff has been awesome! Everyone I've talked to has been patient, kind and very helpful! I feel like a valued patient.
- Elida in Brandon, FL – Apr 17, 2016 - healthgrades
- Poor communication. Never called to schedule appt. It has been 9 months since I went for inital visit, psych appt, nutritionist appt. I had all the information ready from insurance as well. Office staff is not friendly or accomodating.
Find A Similar Doctor Nearby