Please consider donating to keep our servers running.
Dr. Alexandre R Abreu MD Miami FL
Dr. Alexandre R Abreu MD
- Acute Upper Respiratory Infection
- Sleep Disorders
- Influenza (Flu)
- Acute Bronchitis
- Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
- Partial Lung Collapse
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna HMO
- Choice Plus POS II
- National (BlueCard) PPO
- Blue Card PPO
- BlueDental Choice
- HealthyBlue 2.0
- HealthyBlue Advantage
- Cigna HMO
- Cigna PPO
- Open Access Plus
- First Health (Coventry Health Care) PPO
- Choice Care PPO
- Preferred PPO
- Select HMO
- MultiPlan PPO
- PHCS Network PPO
- Critical Care Medicine
- Pulmonary Disease
- Sleep Medicine
- Jackson Memorial Hospital
- Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center/UMHC
Education and Training
- Residency Hospital
- University Of Miami/Jackson Hospital
- Medical School
- Curso De Medicina Da Furb
Languages Spoken (other than english)
Reviews from the web
- Matteo Calderon – May 23, 2020 - healthgrades
- Dr Abreu saved my marriage. The best sleep doctor ever. Never thought a sleep machine would ever be part of my life but never have I had a better nights sleep. More energy, more life to live. Thank you Dr Abreu.
- Edward Miller – May 23, 2020 - healthgrades
- Dr Abreu is the an amazing doctor. He always makes sure his patients have all their questions answered. He spends all his time and makes sure that I understand everything he wants. He’s the most attentive and caring doctor that I’ve ever seen.
- Brother Joseph Payne CFC – Apr 08, 2020 - healthgrades
- The worst doctor I have ever had to deal with in my life. He is arrogant. His staff rarely ever respond to a request. I have been trying to get them to place the script for a new mask that Abru order for me two and a half months ago.
Do not book anything with him. I have never ever written a bad review for anyone but have written wonderful notes for people many times. I got a kick out of reading his reviews on his official website. Now I know what his staff has been doing instead of assisting me.
- Miami, FL – Mar 03, 2019 - healthgrades
- It takes 90 days to get an appointment , you meet with him for about two minutes then 4 months to know about the result of the sleep study, extremely poor communication.
Choose a doctor that care more about his patients.
- Sam – Jan 02, 2018 - healthgrades
- Dr. Abreu has a fantastic bedside manner! He is beyond reachable, kind and knowledgeable. I have been seeing him for years and know that he is an excellent pulmonologist. Highly, highly recommend him. He is by far one of the best pulmonologist in Florida. Thank you, Dr. Abreu, for all that you do.
- Marc Goldenberg in Miami, FL – Jan 10, 2017 - healthgrades
- Dr. Abreu is warm and easy to talk to. He's a good listener and he's very good at responding to concerns.
He's also very good at what he does.
- bobbyboy in Coral Gables, FL – Dec 26, 2016 - healthgrades
- these are comment on the billings. dr abreu reflects the admin billing decisions.
-i was billed for the highest billing possible. the bill had modifiers for a long time for severe pain. when i got the bill i called and spoke with billing. i when i wrote to them for an explanation, they put me in collection. my health carrier said they have many complaints and could do nothing. i must pay more than co-pay -they billed a hospital charge not covered. -i saw a dif doctor, but abreu is the boss
- Tim in Miami, FL – Dec 04, 2016 - healthgrades
- I was very dissatisfied with Dr. Abreu. He refused to refer me for a sleep study after I could not sleep during my first sleep study because the room was too cold and I have insomnia. He said that the results were valid even though I did not get any REM sleep. I told him that I was experiencing waking up gasping for air and chests pains but he refused to give me a follow up because the insurance would not cover it. I found another sleep doctor who treats me much better.
- Pete in Miami – Aug 18, 2016 - healthgrades
- Dr. Abreu is a great physician, but visiting his office is not so great, not only are you being charged for his visit, but the building charges you as well for going to the building... I'd still go see him if it weren't for the fact in being double charged!
- Anthony in Coral Gables, FL – May 17, 2016 - healthgrades
- Dr. Abreu advised me that my procedure would be covered by my insurance; months later, I received a bill for over $400. I eventually did pay this. Now, a year later, I receive another bill with NEW charges for an unattended sleep study. This study was never scheduled, or at least never communicated to me. Apparently, this doctor and/or his practice is interested in siphoning money out of people after falsely representing what will and will not be covered. I will dispute and may sue these liars
Find A Similar Doctor Nearby