Dr. Alexander R Badiavas MD Miami FL
Dr. Alexander R Badiavas MD
- Subdural Hemorrhage
- Spina Bifida
- Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
- Spine Disorders
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Thoracic Spine Fracture
- Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna HMO
- Choice Plus POS II
- National (BlueCard) PPO
- Blue Card PPO
- Blue Care HMO
- Blue Select
- BlueDental Choice
- HealthyBlue 2.0
- HealthyBlue Advantage
- Cigna HMO
- Cigna PPO
- Open Access Plus
- First Health (Coventry Health Care) PPO
- MultiPlan PPO
- Plantation General Hospital
- Northwest Medical Center
- Westside Regional Medical Center
- Memorial Hospital West
- University Hospital And Medical Center
Education and Training
- Undergraduate School
- University Of Miami
Languages Spoken (other than english)
Reviews from the web
- Amanda Boyce – Jan 07, 2021 - healthgrades
- Dr.Poisik and staff , today 01/06/2021 I am writing this statement from the bottom of my heart . THANK YOU immensely for the miracle you performed for me .
After suffering for years with my back and leg pain meeting you was my blessing! Thanks to my friend and brother Shane Brown who showed loving kindness and introduced me to you . On August 31st 2020 my life changed for the better , four months later I am still in awe ! To wake up everyday and continue to care for my family including my son who has a disability truly my heart is overwhelmed with gratitude. Your assistant AJ, Lucy and the rest of your wonderful staff I say THANK YOU !!! Amanda Boyce
- Scott Vanderlip – Dec 09, 2020 - healthgrades
- Surgery is a big deal! You'll need an expert team like Dr. Poisik and AJ to guide you through these tough decisions. From start to finish, you'll experience the upmost professionalism in the business! Complicated procedures made easy! A BIG THANKS!
- Larry Schaps – Dec 02, 2020 - healthgrades
- Both Dr. Poisik and PS A.J. are excellent doctors. Very professional, courteous, friendly and very important, they take their time to explain the procedure and answer any questions. The office environment is clean, well lit, follows CDC protocols. The personnel is friendly and fast to help you.
I went in for consultation and was diagnosed with a neck situation which involved vertebras C5, C6,C7 and collapsed disks. Procedures is called ACDF. Between check in, surgery and recovery it took approx 4 hours then went home. It has been 10 days and am feeling great and pain free and starting my road to recovery to stengthening my right arm and shoulder muscles. I highly recommend this office and both doctors.
- Nov 25, 2020 - healthgrades
- Great Dr. Extremely informative and wonderful follow up.
- Danielle H. – Oct 21, 2020 - healthgrades
- I WISH I CAN PUT 0 STARS THIS BY FAR THE WORST UNPROFESSIONAL SURGEON. HE TOOK ME THROUGH HELL JUST SO HE CAN TELL ME MY SURGERY IS DENIED BUT BY HIM !!!! I LOST MY JOB BECAUSE OF HIM. HE WILL NEVER COME FACE TO FACE & SPEAK TO YOU AT ALL. HE ALWAYS SEND HIS COLLEAGUES. I HAD C3 C4 HERNIATED DISC’S AND I BEEN WAITING PATIENTLY FOR SURGERY. I WAS DENIED THE FIRST TIME THROUGH MY INSURANCE THEN AGAIN BECAUSE OF COVID THEN I WAS TOLD 6 WEEKS PT I DID ALL THAT. MY SURGERY WAS ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED FOR THE 26TH OF OCTOBER I HAD ALREADY STARTED MY MEDICAL CLEARANCE PREPARATION. THEN I RECEIVED A CALLED IM DENIED AGAIN SURGERY & TO COMPLETE MORE PT SO I WENT BACK & COMPLETED IT. I RECEIVED A CALL FROM LUCY TELLING ME IM APPROVED. OK I SO I START MY CLEARANCE OVER AGAIN BUT ONLY TO RECEIVE A CALL THE DOCTOR CANCELED MY SURGERY & LITERALLY TOOK THAT DAY AS HIS VACATION. I BUST OUT IN TEARS BECAUSE NO ONE TOLD ME ANYTHIN. NOW IM HERE IN THE HOSPITAL IN PAIN &THEY CANT TELL WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME
- Oct 21, 2020 - healthgrades
- I fell down several concert steps and broke my back in several places. Fortunately the Dr. on staff, at Northwest Medical Center was Dr. Alexander Poisik. A wonderful man and a very caring Doctor. His staff is very professional and helpful. If you need a surgeon I highly recommend Dr Poisik.
- maria leon – Oct 15, 2020 - healthgrades
- Excellent physician including staff. Highly recommend had lumbar surgery very successful.
- Ana de la Torre – Jul 17, 2020 - healthgrades
- Dr. Poisok has operated on my father twice, he placed a shunt in 2014 to correct NPH, and did a revision of the same this year. Besides being a great surgeon, he is a compassionate and warm human being. He has built a fabulous team that goes above and beyond to make you feel that you are in competent and caring hands. Every one, from the appointment scheduler, to Lucy the surgical coordinator to AJ, addresses our concerns and strove to make a difficult time in our lives as easy as possible.
- Shane Brown – Jul 07, 2020 - healthgrades
- I saw 3 neurosurgeons before Dr Dr Poisik. The others only told me the burning..numbness and electric shocks from waist down wasnt fron my 2 ruptured discs in my lumbar. I talked to Dr Poisik for a few minutes..he understood and told me hes admitting me right then. Right across to the hospital. He had an MRI done of my neck and thoraci spine. Next morning im his second case. By thst night 80 % of pain...gone..but Saturday 100 % gone. This is the only neurosurgeon i will go to. Ive refered friends already. His staff and PA AJ are there for you every step of the way. It is hard to find a great Dr. Dr Poisik is one of them.
- Csmith – Feb 20, 2020 - healthgrades
- Had spinal fusion surgery and i am worse than before..do your homework...dont risk it
- Jan 07, 2020 - healthgrades
- Dr. is very personable and speaks to you and not at you. Explains everything so you can understand it and answers all of your questions
- Dec 18, 2019 - healthgrades
- When I came in with the issue of sciatica and back pain I didn't believe that it was going to be as good of surgery as it turned out to be. I am 100 percent better. All of my pain is gone. He did a fantastic job and my quality of life is significantly better.
- Nov 19, 2019 - healthgrades
- 10/10 surgery was well done. I healed great. He did amazing work.
- Slo – Nov 14, 2019 - healthgrades
- Excellent! A++++++
- Nov 13, 2019 - healthgrades
- Unique. Very professional. Shows much compassion for his patients and I find him to be well knowledgeable in his field. This is my second surgery and if I needed a third he would be the one.
- Nov 12, 2019 - healthgrades
- Wonderful surgeon. My pain was relieved almost immediately after surgery. Great bedside manner. Marvelous physician assistant and ancillary help.
- Nov 05, 2019 - healthgrades
- I recently had surgery with Dr. Poisik. I have no bad things to say about his group. Thank you.
- Pravato – Oct 01, 2019 - healthgrades
- Dr Poisik took excellent care of my mother. He is a fantastic surgeon.
- Sep 10, 2019 - healthgrades
- Great service. Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Surgery was wonderful. Recovery is going along speedily. Thank you for everything you have done. I thank you so much.
- Jul 23, 2019 - healthgrades
- My surgery was a success. Dr. Poisik is the best. I recommend him to anyone who is having a cervical fusion. Great bedside manners and he is very nice. Overall I give him 100.
Find A Similar Doctor Nearby