Please consider donating to keep our servers running.
Dr. Alek Montgomery MD Jacksonville FL
Dr. Alek Montgomery MD
- Esophageal Diseases
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Umbilical Hernia
- Diverticular Diseases
- Colon Cancer
- Esophageal Diverticulum
- Cholecystitis and Gallstones
- Gallbladder Diseases
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna PPO
- Choice Plus POS II
- National (BlueCard) PPO
- Blue Card PPO
- Blue Care HMO
- Blue Options
- BlueDental Choice
- HealthyBlue 2.0
- HealthyBlue Advantage
- Cigna HMO
- Cigna PPO
- Great West Healthcare-Cigna
- Open Access Plus
- First Health (Coventry Health Care) HMO
- First Health (Coventry Health Care) PPO
- Choice Care
- Choice PPO
- Gold Choice
- Gold Plus
- Special Needs Plan SNP
- MultiPlan PPO
- PHCS Network PPO
- United Healthcare
- General Surgery
- Bariatric Medicine
- Bariatric Surgery
- Endocrine Surgery
- Gastroenterological Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Robotic Surgery
- Ascension St. Vincent's Clay County Hospital
- Ascension St. Vincent's Riverside Hospital
Education and Training
- Medical School
- Midwestern University / Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine / Midwestern University
- Fellowship Hospital
- Uf Shands Gainesville
- Residency Hospital
- Cleveland Clinicfoundation
- Internship Hospital
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Medical School
- Ross University
- Undergraduate School
- University Of Mary Washington
Languages Spoken (other than english)
Reviews from the web
- John B. Slate – Oct 20, 2020 - healthgrades
- Dr. Motamarry is very friendly and makes the patient feel welcome. He is an excellent surgeon and I would recommend him to all my friends.
I had surgery for a hiatal hernia and to surgically fix my reflux problem. Post-op went very well and I am progressing on my special diet with success. I have lost 27.5 lbs.
- James Frailey – Oct 19, 2020 - healthgrades
- First and final visit after perforated appendix removal. Electronic device to checkin with - malfunctioned and front desk person had to input registration information for me. Doctor was running behind time-wise, but I was not concerned. I would rather have a thorough exam than a hurried one. He did bring in an associate that was introduced to me as an observer. I believe it would have been more appropriate that the patient be asked before hand if it would have been okay. Other than these three comments I was very pleased with the outcome of my visit.
- Julia A Baker – Sep 25, 2020 - healthgrades
- From the first time meeting Dr Motamarry, I knew I had met a surgeon whom I could trust and communicate with. He understood my life was in jeopardy. He explain in detail what type of surgery I needed and full details post op. He saved my life. His office staff were the best. They treated every patient with compassion, empathy and concern. Especially, Brandi Dr Motamarry’ s Medical Assistant. She would call to check on me during my recovery. .
- Gary – Aug 25, 2020 - healthgrades
- very professional. great experience.
- Dee Sweeney – Jun 28, 2020 - healthgrades
- Excellent bedside manners and a wonderful Doctor and surgeon all around!!
- Maggie Howard – Jun 26, 2020 - healthgrades
- Dr. Motamarry is very thorough and professional. He is very concerned about you and any concerns you may have. Very satisfying!
- Katherine Jackson – Jun 23, 2020 - healthgrades
- Dr Motamarry was very nice. He’s very throughly and he listen to me
- Valarie Newby – Jun 23, 2020 - healthgrades
- I felt like every one really cared that I felt comfortable and was not just another patient.
- Dean Senecal – Jun 06, 2020 - healthgrades
- I don’t like filling these things out! I went to see Dr Motamarry just to see if I was a candidate for bariatric surgery. I live in Palm Coast about a 90 miles away. I did not know anything about it. I casually mentioned that I had trouble swallowing large pills during my first meeting with him. I was told to attend their classes to get qualified for Medicare to pay for the surgery. Classes were very good. Never saw the Doctor again until I was approved and ready for surgery, about 4 or 5 months. Covid 19 delayed my surgery. One of the tests I had to have was a esophageal exam and dilation. I thought everyone had to do this. Nope - The Dr. scheduled it because of what I said. I was amazed that he actually listen to what I said and took action. Very pleased. The surgery went exactly as he said it would. Results were very good. While I would have like more communications with the Dr. You have LOTS of support from all the staff & nutritionists I have seen the Dr
- Marvin Richards – Apr 30, 2020 - healthgrades
- He is just what "the Doctor ordered", I couldn't have ordered better results. Very minimal scaring and after affects were exactly as he said it was going to be, of which I am pleased. Excellent results, Thank you.
- Jim Foster – Apr 28, 2020 - healthgrades
- Dr. Motamarry did an excellent job of explaining the whole procedure and exactly what to expect after surgery. His staff was equally supportive and caring as I went through the surgery and the followup care. I would highly recommend Dr. Motamarry and his staff for hiatal hernia repairs and other gastric surgery.
- Tracy Payne – Apr 22, 2020 - healthgrades
- I checked in and waited less than 10 minutes to be called to an exam room. Even though I viewed this as "no wait", Dr. Motamarry apologized more than once for the delay in getting to see me. As a new patient, I truly appreciated that he LISTENED to me. He didn't interrupt or talk over me. He answered all of my questions, explained and re-explained my options and I honestly believe he recommended a course of treatment best suited for ME. He offered his knowledge freely and his honest opinion at my request. On surgery day, he introduced himself to my husband and kindly greeted my children post surgery, to which my kids remarked how kind he was. My follow-up was even more prompt than my initial appointment. I hadn't had any previous surgeries, so this was a bit of a frightening experience for me. I couldn't have had a better experience. He is a 5-star doctor and surgeon, and he has earned my complete confidence in his knowledge, skills and care.
- Miss Olson – Mar 23, 2020 - healthgrades
- I would highly recommend Dr. Motamarry and his team for any surgery you may need. My surgery was a very unexpected one and my very first one ever. Dr. Motamarry and his staff were absolutely wonderful with me. They all took the time to explain what would be happening and help to calm my crazy nerves and let me tell you they were a mess. The day after my surgery Dr. Montamarry and his surgical assistant came to see me and let me know how everything went, and informed me what to expect. They all did an absolutely amazing job! If you are looking for an amazing surgeon and staff they are the place to go.
- Dàna Driggers – Mar 20, 2020 - healthgrades
- Dr Motamarry is very caring and takes the time to explain all that is needed to know I would most certainly recommend him to anyone. I like to say Thank You for all you did for me your such a Blessing may you be Blessed though out your Career your the Best.. I'd also like to give a Thank you to the office staff that where all so friendly and very helpful with any questions that needed to be answered.
- Lorrie D Shine – Mar 18, 2020 - healthgrades
- Dr. Motamarry made me feel very secure in having my surgery. He kept me very well informed from the first visit and to my post surgery visit. I can see why he was highly recommended. Very professional and thorough. Thank you Dr. Motamarry
- Veronica Solomon-Brown – Mar 17, 2020 - healthgrades
- Dr. Motamarry, MD and his staff comes highly recommended. I am so grateful that I choose him to perform my surgery. He and his staff makes sure you are well taken care of and are there for you when in need.
- Alexis D. – Mar 13, 2020 - healthgrades
- The office staff is very friendly and helpful. Dr. Motamarry is very caring and patient.
- Ellie – Mar 12, 2020 - healthgrades
- Dr Motamarry did sleeve surgery on me in February. I had consults with several surgeons and chose him because he took the time to listen to my concerns, specifically review the process with me and reassure any fears I had. He never rushed an appt and always took time! He was very proactive in ensuring I had no pain and was prepared prior to/for surgery. I woke up from surgery needing no pain meds or nausea meds and was on the go by the time I left the hospital 2 days after surgery. I have had zero complaints or complications and barely even have scars. He is laid back and easy going! The office is crazy busy w/multiple docs there but it stayed relatively on time and ran smoothly. Dr Motamarry is skilled and professional and I highly recommend him. His nurses have followed up with me as well and are very sweet. I got detailed reports from the OR about my surgery and my financial things were filed quickly and efficiently. Definitely an A+ experience!
- Rebecca Schneider – Feb 27, 2020 - healthgrades
- Such a blessing to find this physician! Attended a seminar on weight loss surgery options conducted by Dr Motamary and instantly trusted him. I am a registered nurse and my initial meeting was like a job interview,for him.He answered all my questions with patience and a smile.He performed the gastic sleeve on me and I was well prepared for my weight loss experience. I would trust his skills with any of my family.His skills are only second to his lovely, reassuring personality!
- Mary Joy, Jacksonville, FL – Feb 24, 2020 - healthgrades
- Dr Motamarry perfomed by hernia surgery. He was an amazing surgeon, but also was very attentive to concerns and questions I had. He made me comfortable and at ease through the whole process. He was thorough with my daughter after the surgery explain how things went, the healing, next steps. Very trustworthy, patient, an overall satisfied experience.
Find A Similar Doctor Nearby