Please consider donating to keep our servers running.
Dr. Abel A Gonzalez MD Bethlehem PA
Dr. Abel A Gonzalez MD
- Adjustment Disorder
- Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- ADHD and-or ADD
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna HMO
- Choice Plus POS II
- National (BlueCard) PPO
- Blue Card PPO
- HealthyBlue 2.0
- HealthyBlue Advantage
- Cigna HMO
- Cigna PPO
- Open Access Plus
- Coventry Health America PPO
- Sacred Heart Hospital
Education and Training
Languages Spoken (other than english)
Reviews from the web
- Fountain Hill Resident – Oct 28, 2020 - healthgrades
- Dr. Abel Gonzalez is not very warm or helpful. He was able to prescribe the correct medicine, but was not someone I would recommend speaking to if you need a kind ear and advice. His office staff is also very rude and every scheduled appointment tends to start very late, sometimes up to an hour late.
- Oct 26, 2020 - healthgrades
- My experience with Dr. Gonzalez is one in which I have seen my once vibrant husband become a broken down shell of what he used to be. I believe this is the result of grossly overmedicating by his psychiatrist. The side effects he endures are remedied with additional medications that will be almost impossible to ever come off. It is heartbreaking to witness and experience how this has affected my husband as a spouse and a father. If you want to become addicted to prescription drugs, here’s your doctor. If you want to improve your life, I strongly urge you to seek someone else’s help in that.
- MQ.C – Oct 01, 2020 - healthgrades
- I like this place. My psychiatrist Brenda Soloe is very nice and always helpful, she gave me a lot of good advice and helps as much as she can. Brenda always gave me sample medicine when I ran out of them. The staff Christina is very sweet, she remembers patients' names and can even tell who I am on the phone.
- Jun 10, 2020 - healthgrades
- The lady answering the phone is rude. Her name is Christina, should not be working in a medical office or near any customers. I called a week prior talked to a Sandra asking about self pay. Sandra told me their office does I called back yesterday to set up an initial appt and Christina was saying no we do not I said well yes you do I know you do from talking to Sandra and I'm trying to set up an appt to be seen. Then she tells me I have to wait a day, so she calls me today and then tells me they can only see me between 11am and 2pm. Well I work, what am I suppose to do lose my job so you can see me for an initial appt. I don't get out of work until 4. Your office is open til 645 if the appt is an hour you have plenty of time to see me.
I took a big step in coming out to my wife with my depression and admitting I need help that I can't do it by myself anymore. And I need help, and I reached out to this office, and they can’t make a time to meet me. I need help, they choose not to!!!
- Nov 22, 2019 - healthgrades
- The administrative staff and Dr. Gonzalez, himself, runs an office that is antithetical to the needs of their patients and for that, they should absolutely be ashamed of the services that they claim to offer and work on creating an environment of calm, ease, efficiency and decency. I recommend you look for another provider because this one is so overbooked that you are just another paper file that will be placed on top of another paper file. It's a sad day for the wellness movement.
- Jul 02, 2019 - healthgrades
- Dr. Gonzalez is terrible and he overbooks appointments to see 5-6 patients an hour. There is a waiting room filled with patients when he comes in each morning and I've been there for early afternoon appointments when he goes to lunch and leaves patients waiting. I've seen him for 5 years now, because it is a hassle to change and I prefer routines, but I have had enough. In the past 5 years, I have never gotten in to see the doctor without waiting at least 45 minutes past my scheduled appointment time. It doesn't matter what time of day either.
The actual appointments are ridiculous and after 5 years he still doesn't remember me or what we talked about in my previous session. I see the man every other month and have for 5 years yet he asks me the same questions every time and makes me describe my symptoms. He often has drug reps in there and randomly tries to get me to change medicines based on whatever they gave him. He'll offer samples and coupons but I always refuse.
- Apr 29, 2019 - healthgrades
- This office is horrible. The receptionists are some of the rudest people I have ever come in contact with. Wait time is a minimum of an hour+. The staff is extremely unwilling to help you with anything. The staff will yell at you, talk over you, and undermine you. I would never recommend this "establishment" to anyone. I also filed a report to the PA State Medical Association. NEVER GO HERE
- Marie in Allentown , PA – Feb 18, 2019 - healthgrades
- I thought Dr. Gonzalez was very helpful and understanding. He spent time talking with me and was very specific in explaining things to me. He listened and guided me to wellness. He is slowly weaning me from meds while slowly starting me on another. I would highly recommend him to others.
- Cyndi in Easton, PA – Sep 01, 2017 - healthgrades
- The man over prescribed medication without checking to see what you were already taking for other unrelated medical conditions and without explanation of possible side effects. I kept all records with instructions signed by him and followed them to the tee. I nearly died and was in the hospital for weeks. When I missed an appointment because I was in the hospital they sent me a letter telling me how dangerous and possibly detrimental to my health it was to miss appointments!!!!!
- PA – Jun 16, 2017 - healthgrades
- MD was ok initially. The office lacks compassion, unprofessional and very abrasive. I questioned their policies about some needed paperwork and the next thing I know I received a letter in the mail that I was dropped as a patient without warning. Some of their practice decisions are unethical. Because he drops patients without warning makes his practice unsafe. Kim, office mgr is rude. Office failed to treat me with respect and dignity. Practice is also unethical.
- Emily in Bethlehem, PA – May 02, 2017 - healthgrades
- Every horror story I had heard about psychiatrists was the opposite with Dr. Gonzalez. No trouble getting an appointment. Peaceful waiting room and very short wait. He took almost 2 hours in my initial assessment to understand my history and issues. Then, most surprisingly, he correctly diagnosed me and gave medication that actually worked! My life has improved so much in such a short time and I owe it all to his thoroughness in diagnosing my issues. I went in a skeptic, but results don't lie!
- Easton, PA – Apr 18, 2017 - healthgrades
- Horrible practice. There's a minimum of an hour wait every appointment, the receptionists are so rude.
Dr. Gonzalez does not listen, he talks over you, spouts off medical jargon, has no clue what we discussed the previous appointments. Hands out drugs without explaining possible side effects. I would never recommend him. Trying my hardest to find a new doctor.
- Aimee in Macungie, PA – Jan 04, 2017 - healthgrades
- After years of visiting many psychiatrist in NY. It only took 2 visits with Dr. Gonzalez, and he correctly diagnosed me. He put me on the right medication and I feel like I can live again. He goes above and beyond to what a psychiatrist does. I've recommended him to many family and friends and they feel the same way as I do.
- Jackie M in Bethlehem, PA – Nov 19, 2016 - healthgrades
- Never ever would recommend him. He is very impersonal and does not listen to what you have to say. He asked me to same question three times. When I brought it to his attention that he had already asked me the same question a few times and that I honestly have been feeling from the beginning that he doesn't review charts ahead of time, but I'm repeating myself, and then he's not really paying attention- he became incredibly defensive and basically told me to find another doctor.
- Reikicara in Bangor, PA – Jul 20, 2016 - healthgrades
- Does not listen. Does not read the chart. Makes decisions on treatment based on what new drug he wants to try out. I was very very dissatisfied with the care I received by him as an inpatient. The RNs, MH Techs, and most of the patients regarded him as ineffective, lacking compassion, and that he rushed his patients through. I will absolutely refuse to be treated by him again.
- Edward in Bath, PA – Jun 09, 2016 - healthgrades
- An addicts best friend
- Aimee Rodriguez in Macungie, PA – May 04, 2016 - healthgrades
- After fifteen years treating me the best psychiatrists of NY with depression and Anxiety Dr. Gonzalez is the best so far, literally saved my life...
Find A Similar Doctor Nearby