Please consider donating to keep our servers running.
Dr. Abdus S Khan MD Daytona Beach FL
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Dr. Abdus S Khan MD
- Elbow Injuries
- Sleep Disorders
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
- Diabetes Type 2
- Venous Embolism and Thrombosis
- Chronic Neck Pain
- Marijuana Addiction
- Somatoform Disorders
- Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
- Nondependent Cocaine Abuse
- Suicidal Ideation
- Developmental and Learning Disorders
- Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Bipolar I Disorder
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna HMO
- Choice Plus POS II
- National (BlueCard) PPO
- Open Access
- Blue Card PPO
- Blue Care HMO
- Blue Select
- BlueDental Choice
- HealthyBlue 2.0
- HealthyBlue Advantage
- Cigna HMO
- Cigna PPO
- Great West Healthcare-Cigna PPO
- Open Access Plus
- Choice Care PPO
- Preferred PPO
- MultiPlan PPO
- PHCS Network PPO
- United Healthcare
- Internal Medicine
- Addiction Medicine
- Forensic Psychiatry
- american college of physicians
- Adventhealth Daytona Beach
- American College Of Physicians
Education and Training
- Residency Hospital
- Mt Sinai Svcs -QHC
- Medical School
- Dow Med Coll
- Fellowship Hospital
- Wva University Hospital
- Residency Hospital
- Wva University Hosps
- Internship Hospital
- Wva University Hosps
- Medical School
- Dow Medical College, Dow University Of Health Sciences
Languages Spoken (other than english)
Reviews from the web
- Nov 02, 2020 - healthgrades
- No Way! This doctor is a joke. Wouldn’t even call him a doctor. They just want to get your money not help you.
- Sep 08, 2020 - healthgrades
- Don't waste your time with this doctor. He is not concerned with helping you, only with how much money he can make from you. He has a very large and quick staff turnover which should tell you something about his ethics.
- Larry Salerno – Aug 09, 2020 - healthgrades
- Dr. Khan's assistant Adam is a great health care professional, His bedside manners are great, He cares for his patients very much, He answer's all your question's, Adam is a class act.
- Abelle – Mar 02, 2020 - healthgrades
- I waited a month for this appointment, I filled out the lengthy packet of new patient paperwork, and after 25 minutes of instrusive questions with little conversational etiquette and eye contact I was refused service because he & his staff "could not handle the severity of your case". I made Khan aware that I was COMPLETELY out of my medications (for serious mental illnesses) and I was told to go to my old, out-of-network psychiatrist and to have them write me emergency scripts because "it's their obligation"; my old psychiatrist office does not write scripts without an appointment and evaluation by said psychiatrist. Medical & Psychiatric Institute of FL INC boasts about a lengthy list of qualifications and treatments options by a board certified, professor of psychiatry, yet I was denied service from an in-network psychiatrist? Unbelievable! Their inadequacy is costing me $185 (for an out-of-network psychiatry appointment with my old psychiatrist) and the security of my new job!
- Dec 10, 2019 - healthgrades
- Horrible! If you have PTSD and want to change medications, don't bother going here; arrogant, pulled me off many meds and substituted a poison pill. The trauma i had in the office 2x was terrible, and my BP went up to 225/110 and he let me out of that office. My husband said its just like all the other ones. All they can do is 'act' intelligent and get out their prescription plans. Beware! We had to get me to the pcp for BP meds for months; 33 days i lay in bed with a BP cuff on, o, and they cancel appts. when they feel like it......constant turnover of staff. this was late 2018.
- May 16, 2019 - healthgrades
- There is a major revolving door for the staff. There is a different person each time. The assistant refused to refill meds and claimed that I was going to different doctors to get more pills. The appointment time was not honored. The doctor was rude and he mumbled. I could not comprehend what he was saying.
- May 11, 2019 - healthgrades
- He is not worthy of the star I was forced to leave. This very rude, arrogant man has the biggest ego and control issues. He acts as if having a title gives him permission to treat others like subhuman. So disrespectful.
- Apr 09, 2019 - healthgrades
- I never got a visit. I called 3 weeks in a row, gave them all my information, was told I'd get a return call in 1-2 days but have never heard back.
- Feb 20, 2019 - healthgrades
- My experience with this office was great! From the very beginning they made my appointment scheduling process an easy one. Cynthia whom sits at the front desk is amazing.. always has a smiling face and does her best to make sure I leave with a smile. Dr. Khan is very thorough, which is what I needed. I did not get a mad taste in my mouth.. I am actually happy to have met with me about my mental health.
- Everyone in Daytona, FL – Oct 10, 2018 - healthgrades
- Incompetent staff. Uncooperative when asked for medical records. I was told by staff "It could take up to 15 days to get medical records. Seems like they are running some sort of scam out of the office. STAY AWAY if at all possible. Find someone understanding that can give actual therapy.
- stephanie – Jul 05, 2018 - healthgrades
- if i could give less then 1 star i would... disgusting? office and environment?
- Mar 06, 2018 - healthgrades
- Seeing dr khan was one of the worst decisions of my life. His assistants told me conflicting info, he put me on benzos knowing I was an alcoholic and when I wanted to wean off he said it wasn’t advised. There was extremely high turnover with the therapists and front staff. It all felt intimidating and confrontational from the get go. He more or less made me less open minded about treatment at all.
- Jan 25, 2018 - healthgrades
- I will never go to this Dr again. He acts like he's some big shot professor doing research on you and then asks extremely inappropriate questions. Even when you tell him you don't want to answer his bizarre questions he'll continue asking BS. Has his own agenda. Treats you like a lab rat. I don't trust him and I don't know where he teaches, but he's not intelligent, in my opinion.
- New Smyrna Beach, FL – Aug 02, 2017 - healthgrades
- My experience with Dr. Khan has always been pleasant, thorough, and beneficial for the last 1+ year I've been a patient. I have no problem with scheduling (even last minute appointments when necessary!) and anytime I've called to leave a message, I have always received a phone call back. Dr. Khan is an intelligent, patient, and kind man that I trust completely with my treatment. I appreciate his straight-forward approach. Highly recommend him.
- Palm Coast, FL – Jul 27, 2017 - healthgrades
- Yes I moved to Florida and wanted prescriptions I had been taking for years . That have worked very well for me . However I am not 16 years old , I am ancient , and I am very aware of my medical history . He had his own agenda . Do not waste your time or money on this quack !
- Palm Coast, FL – Jul 15, 2017 - healthgrades
- Probably the worst doctor there is. I just moved to Florida and all I needed was a doctor to write me the same prescriptions I've been taking for years. I go to him and he makes me go through 3 appointments just to eventually tell me that he won't write me any prescriptions because I had a DUI 12 years ago and treated me like a drug addict. He is an absolute idiot who lacks common sense and only is in business because all the good dr's in the area have 3 month waiting lists. Avoid.
- Daytona Beach, FL – Apr 18, 2017 - healthgrades
- I have had two appointments in the last two weeks. Half of the staff is extremely rude. Some are very friendly and willing to help. Dr. Khan is a very good doctor, but he is often not in the office and I am given an appointment with his assistant, Mr B. He very clearly doesn't care about you and will rush through your appointment. I need to see a doctor every two weeks, given instructions from another doctor, yet he refuses to see me except for once a month.
- Bella Page in Deland, FL – Jan 09, 2017 - healthgrades
- Dr. Khan is straight forward but a very genuine, compassionate psych Dr. I'm completely as ease sharing honestly so he can manage my BiPolar-I, meds & levels. His Off.Vist thorough & not rushed. His assoc. RNP/Baptise is also kind & insightful. Re: Front Office-the prior staff (2016) educated w. BS & AS degrees NOT Medical Billing/Coding (2 v.different types of accounting/admin) I wd say anyone wanting to embrace a better quality of balance wd find success here. I enjoy Dr. Khan & Staff +1 yrs.
- Gregory Boseman in Daytona Beach, FL – Sep 05, 2016 - healthgrades
- I had consulted many consultants because of a chronic problem. I found Dr. Khan quite competitive and straight to the point. I did find him very professional with a pleasant sense of responsibility. I am fully poised with his treatment and I am definitely going to recommend him to my colleagues and family.
- New Smyrna Beach, FL – Aug 28, 2016 - healthgrades
- From the minute that I sat down I felt like Dr Khan was asking me questions from a Questionier. It made not want to express myself to him. I felt like he was judging me. One of the questions was "HOW MUCH DO YOU MAKE A MONTH" He also wouldn't listen to what I had to say he just kept over riding me. I will never go back there or recommend anyone to him. The receptionist needs further training in many areas of patient care and patient privacy!!!
Find A Similar Doctor Nearby