Dr. Abdi Abbassi MD Jacksonville FL
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Dr. Abdi Abbassi MD
- Viral Hepatitis
- Viral Enteritis
- Gastrojejunal Ulcer
- Non-Neonatal Jaundice
- Hepatitis B - Immune Response
- Anal or Rectal Pain
- Intestinal Ischemia
- Esophageal Varices
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna HMO
- Choice Plus POS II
- Superior Health Plan
- National (BlueCard) PPO
- Blue Card PPO
- Blue Care HMO
- Blue Select
- BlueDental Choice
- HealthyBlue 2.0
- HealthyBlue Advantage
- Cigna HMO
- Cigna PPO
- Open Access Plus
- First Health (Coventry Health Care) PPO
- Choice Care PPO
- Select HMO
- MultiPlan PPO
- PHCS Network PPO
- american society of gastroenterologists
- Ascension St. Vincent's Riverside Hospital
- Ascension St. Vincent's Southside Hospital
- American Society Of Gastroenterologists
Education and Training
- Medical School
- National University Of Iran
Languages Spoken (other than english)
- Obligations imposed
Reviews from the web
- Mar 02, 2020 - healthgrades
- After my follow up visit with Dr.Abbassi after my colonoscopy, I was left with no information and was rushed out of his office. He came across cocky and interrupted many of my questions. I was experiencing extreme symptoms of weight loss, pain, and much more. He did not listen to anything I had to say and said he would see me in 6 weeks. The next day I was in the ER, admitted to the hospital and ended up staying their for 5 weeks. Dr. Abbassi visited new in the hospital and told me that the excruciating pain was in my head, he saw no reason for me being in the hospital and I should be discharged immediately. After disagreeing and firing Dr. Abbassi a couple days later he barged into my room (knowing he was let go) asking medical questions and was disrespectful to me and my mother. Less than 2 weeks from seeing Dr. Abbassi at our original follow up appointment I had to have emergency surgery.My colon had become distended and was days away from rupturing. I would be dead with Dr.Abbassi.
- Jul 22, 2019 - healthgrades
- The first visit went well. I felt like he heard me when other GI doctors wanted to label me with IBS. He ordered tests that no one else ordered and really appeared to care and want to get to the bottom of what was going on. After my endoscopy and colonoscopy came back relatively normal but my blood work showed abnormalities, he wanted to do a capsule endoscopy but my insurance will not approve it unless I have GI bleeding. I have not heard from him since March and my condition is not improving. He has basically abandoned me and I have hit a wall with him. Also, after only my 2nd office visit, I felt like he was giving up on me because he said that I wasn't severe enough and it was probably "just IBS" like all the other doctors have called it. He reneged on everything he said in our first visit. I went out to the car and broke down. I am very unhappy that he hasn't suggested any alternative tests. I cannot afford the capsule endoscopy out-of-pocket because I'm not working.
- Feb 12, 2019 - healthgrades
- What a wonderful doctor. I just love his bedside manner.
- Sepiastar in Jacksonville , FL – Feb 11, 2019 - healthgrades
- Dr. Abassi is a wonderful practitioner. He's a good Physician and provides great service.
- JL – Feb 11, 2019 - healthgrades
- YOU WILL NOT FIND A MORE CARING, MORE GENTLE DOCTOR IN JACKSONVILLE. THIS MAN CARES DEEPLY ABOUT HIS PATIENTS.
- yolanda drinkwater in JACKSONVILLE – Feb 05, 2019 - healthgrades
- The best gastro doctor in the world, "hands down"
- Sharmonique Everett – Jan 28, 2019 - healthgrades
- Thanks for providing great service.
- Mc Rosson in jacksonville, FL – Jan 28, 2019 - healthgrades
- I had a excellent visit at Dr. abbassi office. After I called just to find out more information about my next follow-up. I was connected with Christina M and she help me out with that and my co-pay... She did a great job.
- Marti Killimade in Middeburg, FL – Jan 26, 2019 - healthgrades
- Dr. Abbassi was so helpful when my mother was in the hospital. During a very stressful time he helped to ease the stress by having a handle on the medical issues. He was so knowledgeable and his bedside manner is excellent! His staff is wonderful as well! I called to schedule a follow up appointment and Katie helped me even though I called the wrong office! I would absolutely recommend him!
- SUSAN BENNETT – Jan 24, 2019 - healthgrades
- I AM VERY HAPPY WITH DR. ABBASSI. HE TOOK HIS TIME AND MADE SURE TO TRY AND FIND OUT EVERY DETAIL OF MY ISSUES. HIS STAFF WAS VERY FRIENDLY. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND GOING TO SEE DR. ABBASSI.
- KRISTEN H in FL – Jan 24, 2019 - healthgrades
- I FELT LIKE DR ABBASSI CARED AND TOOK TIME TO LISTEN TO ME
- Latrease Jones in JACKSONVILLE, FL – Jan 23, 2019 - healthgrades
- Thanks Dr. Abbassi for providing great service.
- Jan 22, 2019 - healthgrades
- I can't express my gratitude to Dr Abbassi for helping me with controlling my Crohns.
- Rachel Crisler in Jacksonville, FL – Jan 22, 2019 - healthgrades
- He is a knowledgeable doctor!
- Sandy in Orange Park, FL – Jan 22, 2019 - healthgrades
- Great doctor!
- Veronica Jackson in JAX – Jan 20, 2019 - healthgrades
- Would recommend to my family and friends great place and staff.
- Kathaleen Crisler in Jacksonville, FL – Jan 20, 2019 - healthgrades
- Dr abbassi was wonderful at my appointments as well as for my procedure . He took his time to really listen to what I was having issues with and put my mind at ease about having a colonoscopy. Wonderful bedside manner! Staff is so nice too!
- Sarah Collins in FL – Jan 19, 2019 - healthgrades
- (01/18/19) Loved Dr. Abbssi. Felt so comfortable in his care!
- Jeff Knudson in FL – Jan 19, 2019 - healthgrades
- (01/18/19) Dr. Abbassi took such great care of me for all of my GI needs. Loved my experience at DDC!
- aja – Jan 15, 2019 - healthgrades
- great doctor, treats his patient like family
Find A Similar Doctor Nearby