Please consider donating to keep our servers running.
Dr. A. E Snowden MD Birmingham AL
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Dr. A. E Snowden MD
- Vaginal Prolapse
- Cervical Polyps
- All Headaches (incl. Migraine)
- HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
- Gynecologic Cancer
- Yeast Infections
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Choice Plus POS II
- National (BlueCard) PPO
- Blue Card PPO
- Dental Blue 100/200/300
- Cigna HMO
- Cigna PPO
- Open Access Plus
- Choice Care PPO
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Shelby Baptist Medical Center
- St. Vincent's Birmingham
Education and Training
- Residency Hospital
- Jackson Hosp
- Internship Hospital
- Jackson Hosp
- Medical School
- Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Languages Spoken (other than english)
Reviews from the web
- Mama A – Dec 09, 2019 - healthgrades
- Herding Cattle with a branding iron-my daughter came in Saturday to see dr. snowden with a problem and she condescendingly talked down to her and would not even take the time to listen to her issues and would not offer her any alternatives to treatment. During her exam my daughter was in pain and the doc said " relax you are making a horrible face"..... Well that was because she was hurting her performing the exam and she was sore due to a previous cyst rupture. My daughter left out of there crying and still no help with her issue. A little compassion goes along way. Bed side manner lacks tremendously. Her nurse was excellent.
- Feb 21, 2019 - healthgrades
- I went with my best friend to see Dr. Snowden. I was sitting in the room with my friend, Dr. Snowden did not introduce herself to me or act as if I were there. We were there to discuss a hard topic and Dr. Snowden was completely apathetic and spoke with us less than a 2 minutes. She also left the room without asking if my friend had any questions. As someone who has had to see many doctors in my lifetime I have never had a doctor spend so little time with a patient. Dont see her!!
- Jan 10, 2019 - healthgrades
- Absolutely LOVE Dr. Snowden! I've seen her since I was 15. She has the best bedside manner. Super thorough. She will spend as much time with you as you need. As someone with PTSD that means the WORLD to me. I will never see anyone else!
- Oct 10, 2018 - healthgrades
- Repeatedly asked for lap due to extreme pain and fertility issues, denied even following miscarriage. Years later Went to another doctor, referred to a specialist who found stage 4 endometriosis following lap. Fertility destroyed due to failure to act.
- Erica in Calera, AL – Feb 20, 2018 - healthgrades
- I am a hypochondriac. I always think something is wrong. I have been to every doctor at Henderson and Walton, and Dr. Snowden is the only one who listens patiently to my crazy concerns. She also takes the time to reassure me and doesn't make me feel like I'm a nut. I see that a lot of her bad reviews on here are for wait time which I really don't think is her fault. She's worth the wait. As many years as she has been doing this, she hasn't lost her will to take care of others. EXCELLENT DOCTOR.
- Gadsden, AL – Apr 25, 2017 - healthgrades
- The office staff is nice. However when I went for a yearly and stated the same issues I've been repeating for 2 years Dr Snowden decide to bill it as a sick visit which was $65. After the ultrasound she would not give me results without paying another $65 for a consultation. I'm taking my business elsewhere.
- Dawn C in Pelham, AL – Sep 29, 2016 - healthgrades
- I have finally found a doctor whom I can trust. She was knowledgeable and very friendly. Her staff was so personable and the Alabaster location is so convenient.
- Elaine in Gadsden, AL – Apr 30, 2016 - healthgrades
- She is very considerate and a great surgeon!
- Byrd in Hoover, al – Apr 19, 2016 - healthgrades
- This was the worst experience I've ever had a doctor. My wife and I waited for 3 hours and still didn't see the doctor we ended up leaving. This has left the worst taste in my mouth. Just because we are a new patient we have to wait all day?
Find A Similar Doctor Nearby